This position is located in Cypress, California, United States
WE ARE SPEEDO
The world's leading swimwear brand, Speedo is passionate about life in and around the water. The brand's heritage of innovation derives from its leadership in competitive swimming, where more Olympic Gold Medals have been won in Speedo than any other brand. Unmatched in performance, fit and feel, we are also America’s #1 goggle brand.
From the first splash, to every stroke, the genuine love and excitement we have working with the water is what creates exciting and meaningful relationships.
Speedo is not where we work, but is who we are.
It’s watching a baby in the pool for the first time or our athletes make history. What we do is sacred to us and our connection to the rest of water lovers around the world. Driven by the challenge, not the glory. At Speedo, it is never enough to be good at what you do; you have to love what you do.
Speedo is a part of the Pentland Brands Limited Family.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, Red or Dead and we’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear. Our products are available in over 190 countries and are sold either directly by Group companies or are represented by licensees and distributors.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,200 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
We believe in building brands for the world to love, generation after generation. Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
The Accounts Receivable (AR) Credit & Risk Analyst will be part of the regional Finance structure in North America. In addition to serving as regional owner for all customer credit risk in US & Canada, this role will be asked to play a part in setting up the function on SAP operating procedures for a go-live in October 2021. The primarily responsibilities of this role are therefore highlighted as follows:
- Working with the Collections team, establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers.
- Partner with the US transition team to ensure data, operating procedures and training materials are fit for purpose on SAP/Global Operating Model.
- Review all credit limits and inform the set-up data for our ERP launch
- Testing the system to ensure it is working as planned.
- Support in training out the function to the wider AR team.
- Partner with our overseas teams to ensure global processes are being consistently adopted.
- Liaise with external partners needed to set-up the function (e.g., D&B credit checking).
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A LONG-TERM IMPACT:
- Ongoing ownership of maintaining credit risk limit & ratings and monitoring of customers
- Support in opening new customer accounts / establishing credit / performing credit and reference checks
- Adherence to the Credit insurance policy.
- Partner with the collections team to optimize cash flow and tactfully address any credit issues with customers.
- Where appropriate, responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts – customer calls, reconciliations, prepayments and if necessary, assisting clients with discrepancies and resolving short payments.
- Providing customer service regarding credit & collection issues, process credit cards, refunds if necessary, submit and review account adjustments.
- Accountable for maintaining aged debt targets at or above our target.
- Enlist the efforts of sales when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Assist in month-end close duties
- Weekly and Monthly Reporting of collection and credit issues to the wider business
- Support in reviewing the B2B forward order book report on a quarterly basis to address potential credit issues.
- Additional ad hoc tasks as required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
What you need to have:
- 3+ years’ Credit & Risk experience within the apparel and consumer products industry
- B2B collections experience, including working with credit insurers
- Proficiency in Microsoft, including Excel and Outlook
- SAP ERP and Business Warehouse experience a plus
- Ability to work in a multi-functional and multi-national entity business
- Ability to communicate customer information to commercial sales team members
- Strong attention to detail/goal orientated
- Polished verbal and written communication skills.
What we need to see in you:
- Confident and professional
- Proactive, exceptionally well organized and able to prioritize and multi-task behind areas adding value to Pentland
- Able to liaise and influence and build relationships with people at all levels, including commercial
- Strong leadership, gravitas, and influencing skills
- Dedicated to maintaining high standards