Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
Working as part of a global team and reporting to Head of Environmental & Community Affairs this role is an opportunity to develop your corporate responsibility/sustainability specialism and help Pentland to deliver our ambitious CR/sustainability programme.
- Oversee the implementation and management of CR polices, processes and strategic projects across Pentland Brands.
- Delivery of CR/sustainability projects delivering our strategic goals.
- Occasionally represent Pentland in engagements with external partnerships, collaborations & stakeholders.
- Engage Pentland employees to ensure they understand CR/sustainability and why it is important, and have the knowledge and skills they need to contribute to the delivery of our strategy and business standards
- Project delivery and communication of progress
- Foster a great working relationship with many different internal and external stakeholders. Your role will act as a conduit and enabler for positive change.
- The role will also involve an element of engagement with others about CR/sustainability and so a genuine passion for this type of work is needed.
The must haves:
- Good understanding of CR/sustainability issues
- Good understanding of the complexity of global supply chains
- Experience of working as part of a team to deliver projects
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with senior managers
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Strong level of competence in using Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant undergraduate degree, Masters degree or equivalent vocational experience
- Experience or understanding of the apparel and footwear industry
Needs to be:
- A team player who prides themselves on collaboration
- Able to communicate & collaborate, internally and externally
- Motivated by continual improvement
- Able to work in a multicultural environment
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to manage multiple demands from different stakeholders
- Willing to undertake some travel
- Able to meet deadlines
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.