Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
- Draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts, including digital, IT, supply chain and operations, product development, innovation and marketing.
- Support Pentland’s global e-commerce growth.
- Advise on all aspects of intellectual property, both contentious and non-contentious.
- Assist with the management of the IP portfolio, including working with and supervising external counsel.
- Advise on all aspects of advertising law including social media and online.
- Advise on Governance issues within the Consumer and Global Supply Chain business functions including data protection, Corporate Responsibility and Anti-Bribery compliance.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and implement key internal processes and standardisation opportunities across the business.
- Develop, update and deliver legal training programmes on key risk areas.
- Develop strategic relationships with key business contacts.
- Help to set your team’s weekly priorities and deliver on workload.
Needs to have:
- Degree from a top college or university.
- Minimum 2 years PQE gained preferably with strong in-house experience either direct or via secondment.
- Experience in:
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of general commercial and e-commerce related contracts.
- General IP e.g. IP portfolio management, branding, name clearance, litigation, due diligence and brand protection.
- Product innovation, research and development and collaborations.
- Consumer law including advertising, influencer, marketing, e-commerce and promotions.
- Data protection and consumer insights.
- Working in an in-house environment (not essential, but advantageous).
- Working with complex, multi-national organisations.
Needs to be:
- Able to work on a broad variety and level of legal matters on a global scale, including issues arising from time to time outside core expertise including HR and property (with external support as required).
- Highly team-oriented with an ability to develop relationships both within and outside the legal department.
- Hard working, well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Commercially savvy with excellent business judgment and strategic thinking capability.
- Dynamic with excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident and clear in instructing external counsel and challenging advice received.
- Self-sufficient and comfortable working with a minimum of supervision.