Corporate Accuntant - Speedo USA
WE ARE SPEEDO
The world's leading swimwear brand, Speedo is passionate about life in and around the water. The brand's heritage of innovation derives from its leadership in competitive swimming, where more Olympic Gold Medals have been won in Speedo than any other brand. Unmatched in performance, fit and feel, we are also America’s #1 goggle brand.
From the first splash, to every stroke, the genuine love and excitement we have working with the water is what creates exciting and meaningful relationships.
Speedo is not where we work, but is who we are.
It’s watching a baby in the pool for the first time or our athletes make history. What we do is sacred to us and our connection to the rest of water lovers around the world. Driven by the challenge, not the glory. At Speedo, it is never enough to be good at what you do; you have to love what you do.
Speedo is a part of the Pentland Brands Limited Family.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, Red or Dead and we’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear. Our products are available in over 190 countries and are sold either directly by Group companies or are represented by licensees and distributors.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,200 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
We believe in building brands for the world to love, generation after generation. Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
As a member of the Finance team reporting into the Regional Accounting and Compliance Manager, you will build your business knowledge and create strong relationships within the Global Finance Community and the Regional Leadership team. You will be responsible for actualizing the monthly results and providing insight into the various functions across our brands and holding companies in North America. The primarily responsibilities of this role are highlighted as follows:
- Close the regional financial ledger within 5 working days while working within a Global Management Accounts team.
- Support in producing the monthly financial statements for the region (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow) with support commentary of variance analysis.
- Partner with the Global Management Accounts team to ensure global policies and procedures are followed.
- Post Payroll, reconciliation back to the provider and provide analysis of key movements.
- Run and reconcile depreciation and related assets
- Upload and validate results onto Hyperion with commentary to our Central Headquarters.
- P&L profit center & cost center tracking with emphasis on overheads including but not limited to: staff costs, travel, IT, depreciation, interest and dividends, project costs.
- Periodic review meetings across the business to ensure the ledgers are being maintained (including but not limited to AR, Treasury, AP, Sales and Planning)
- Work closely with Financial Planning and Analysis team to ensure monthly results are accurately depicted for rolling forecast and annual budget submissions.
- Accountable for preparing Balance Sheet Account reconciliations to minimize financial risk.
- Review of current systems and controls – taking a fresh perspective to make positive changes for the business.
- SAP continuous improvement and knowledge sharing within the team.
- Additional ad hoc tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
What you need to have:
- Minimum 7 years’ accounting experience
- SAP ERP and Business Intelligence reporting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft, including Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work in a multi-functional and multi-national entity business
- Ability to communicate customer information to commercial sales team members
- Strong attention to detail/goal orientated
- Polished verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
What we need to see in you:
- Confident and professional
- Proactive, exceptionally well organized and able to prioritize and multi-task behind areas adding value to Pentland
- Able to liaise and influence and build relationships with people at all levels, including commercial
- Strong leadership, gravitas, and influencing skills
- Dedicated to maintaining high standards