In 1966, above a Newcastle shop, we conceived a simple idea: better outdoor gear, delivered with passion by friends Peter Lockey and Gordon Davidson.
Their innovation birthed one of Europe's original outdoor brands. Outdoors isn't just a hobby; it's our way of life. We're dedicated to removing barriers to outdoor experiences.
For 50+ years, we've made the outdoors accessible with top-notch gear and innovations, carrying Peter and Gordon's legacy.
The past decade was quiet, but we aim to transcend transactionality and regain our originality. Join us in this pivotal moment as we bring Berghaus back into the outdoor spotlight. We're seeking fresh talent to amplify the buzz. Explore new collaborations, witness our revamped brand, and be part of our exciting journey.
We’re looking for a Content & Community Manager to join the fold.
This is a social content-led role. Someone to be responsible for producing, driving, and implementing our social strategy across all platforms with the ultimate objective being to grow community for the brand, with a range of metrics to determine the growth of that community.
This person needs to be multidisciplinary.
This role involves the management of community growth for the brand alongside the Senior Content and Community Manager. And requires working alongside partners to define a community-centric communications strategy that sits across all our paid, owned and earned channels (including social, editorial, ambassadors, paid, seeding and influencers, events, and progressive PR).
The role you’d play as Content & Community Manager
- Day-to-Day Operational Management. Leading the day-to-day management of the community strategy and social content output. This will involve the management of all organic social channels and the ownership of the social media calendar, including scheduling and publishing posts, monitoring engagement, and promptly responding to comments and messages.
- Content Delivery and Deployment. In pursuit of growing community, a core requirement of the role is to create effective and affordable social content (alongside agencies). This means being part content-creator, part content-strategist, part copywriter, part project manager – essentially, it requires getting your hands dirty when it comes to content delivery. This will also encompass the management of content delivery/ strategy for our ambassadors. As well as It practically ensuring that a brand presence is deployed at in-person activations such as events (as needed).
- A creative flair for content. Spearhead and create social content, most relevant to a range of consumer moments. This means a natural creative flair with an eye for content and the ability to produce it with a base level of photography and Adobe editing skills.
- Paid partnerships understanding. Management of influencer platforms/campaigns, and the ability to identify, and reach out to relevant influencers for product seeding and paid partnerships. Basic legal knowledge and understanding of contracts, usage rights and deliverables needed for an influencer partnership.
- Performance reporting. Responsibility to own the reporting of best-in-class performance across social platforms in pursuit of growing community for the brand. This will involve a forensic analysis of all social activity, as well as conducting listening and monitoring to better understand how our community is engaging with the brand. The core output of this will be to prepare regular reports summarising this performance of community growth, offering actionable insights for future strategies (for example, to optimise our customer acquisition costs).
- Cross-Functional Collaboration. This role involves deep collaboration cross-functionally with the digital team to ensure there is alignment of social activity with owned channel activity (CRM and website). This is a core aspect of the role to ensure success in better building community given a more aligned and consistent message being deployed.
What you’d bring
- To know how modern brands think and heave to show up in original and interesting ways
- To know how and where to place brand content in ways that gets picked up, shared and talked about
- To know how to piece together the media/narrative mechanics of a campaign: from social to search, to PR, to partnerships, to editorial, to paid and so on and so forth
- To know the psychology of new media behaviours and how to align messages to them
- A healthy dose of knowing your way around social media intelligence and all sorts of brand planning/ tracking/ measuring/ reporting tools
- Someone who is excited by thinking outside of the box when it comes to modern media.
- We’re going to be striving to create work that effectively creates its own media. We want someone to amplify that ambition.
- And finally, a love for the outdoors in all its glory is also a big tick in the box. If you know Berghaus, even better, but if you don’t then we’re not worried. A love for the outdoors means we’ll get into your blood: we have a rich and remarkable history of ambition and innovation, and one of leading from the front with a legacy to be proud of and shouted about.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive remuneration package
- Hybrid / smart working
- Brand and retail perks
- Financial perks
- Travel perks
- Time out perks
- Wellbeing commitment
Who we are
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
- To find out more go to www.pentlandbrands.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.