Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
- You will play a key role in ensuring in year delivery of the budget as well as developing the longer term commercial strategies and propositions to drive sustainable profitable growth.
- You will lead the establishment and execution of the Go to Market (GTM) strategy including the define, design & deployment stages. You will be responsible for developing the channel/distribution, ranging strategies and work with Category to develop the pricing and promotion strategies.
- You will ensure that customer and market insight is captured and shared into the business ongoing and is incorporated through the Annual Brand Planning process to define the opportunities, design the commercial propositions required against these opportunities, and then deploy these to the customers, support and measure their execution.
- You will provide commercial input into the Product life cycle process ensuring that the product range incorporates requirements and opportunities to win with customers profitably
- You will work as part of the IBP process to develop plans proactively to mitigate risk and realise opportunities jointly with the Brand, Customer, Shopper teams.
- You will lead the Seasonal Product Launch meetings to our Customer teams and International Partners ensuring that these are delivered as a cross-functional team effort at the right time with the full selling toolkit (samples, sell-in presentations, range/distribution strategy, pricing/terms, VM, shopper activation etc) available from Day 1.
- You will play a pivotal role in leading the evolution of Commercial Strategy & Planning in the Footwear division from a facilitation role between brand and customer teams to leading the Commercial Strategy and supporting the execution of plans.
- You will play a pivotal role in the transformation of the customer function within Pentland Brands through enabling them to be a more effective, efficient and data driven organisation.
- You will champion the generation and use of market/customer/shopper insight through data, trend analysis, qualitative feedback to create and deliver compelling proposals.
- You will interface with the demand teams to ensure we have the appropriate volume forecasts (mid and long term); ensure gaps and overlaps are addressed, scenarios are completed, and issues appropriately escalated to meet business objectives.
The must haves:
- You must have customer account management experience in the Footwear/Fashion industry
- You must be commercially savvy with strong financial acumen
- You must be able to flex between an analytical and strategic approach to the role
- You will need to be able to segment Pentland’s customer base/market and prioritise the most attractive customers/channels/markets
- You will need to be able to design channel strategies to increase market coverage profitably without damaging customer experience
- You will need be able to design commercial value propositions that differentiate brands from competitors and improve competitiveness at point of purchase
- You will need to provide leading edge customer insight techniques to identify and satisfy business needs
- You will need to have demonstrated strong leadership with a passion for delivering results
- You must have strong interpersonal skills - collaborative and proactive
- You will require strong networking and influencing skills across a matrix organisation
- You will need to role model designing a common CS&P language and toolset for planning
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.