Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
A multi-faceted role providing the highest level of business project support and administrative support by prioritizing daily urgent business needs and important tasks within appropriate timescales.
The role will have direct line reporting to China Commercial Director, and dotted line reporting to Regional Head of Commercial Finance APAC & China Finance Director.
Roles & responsibilities:
Business & Project Support
- Provide critical business administrative support to the China leadership in its trajectory of transition from single brand to multi brands platform that enables continuous fast growth.
- Provide business support to China Commercial Director in dealing with all assignments including ad hoc / confidential projects (planning management) in a professional manner;
- Communicate proactively and effectively with different departments; Plan and coordinate with internal teams and external parties for business meetings (Global, Regional and China)
- Produce/update presentations for meetings as well as taking meeting minutes;
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly or ad-hoc presentation decks and correspondence as required, ensuring detail, accuracy and in a timely manner;
- Managing business insight reports as directed;
- Translate both Chinese and English documents based on business needs;
- Team projects support, such as trade show support with logistics arrangements, brand samples delivery and sorting if needed.
- Provide routine administrative assistance to China Commercial Director, and Regional Head of Commercial Finance APAC & China Finance Director;
- Manage calendars with an understanding of business priorities;
- Booking meeting rooms, attending to visitors, setting up video conferencing facility when required;
- Arrange accommodation, travel and relevant visas or related documentation per managers’ business travel requests;
- Handling monthly expense claiming and reimbursement;
- China Leadership Team
- All employees in Shanghai office
- Pentland Executives
- Key staff in Regional Office (Hong Kong)
- Key customers in China
What you need to have:
Experience / technical & interpersonal skillset
- Relevant experience in working as an Executive Assistant or Personal Assistant for English-speaking executives at Director level
- Solid administration experience working in a multi-cultural office
- Experience of an understanding of our industry and the mission and values of our business
- Excellent proficiency in both English and Mandarin Chinese
- Computer literate - Advanced Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Project management skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills capable to liaise with colleagues and people of all levels and positions, internally and externally
- Demonstrate a positive, proactive, creative and resourceful attitude, with a strong sense of responsibility
- Attentive to detail but be able to prioritize and multi-task
- Systematic and well organized, and with flexibility in approach
- Ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to understand and manage basic customer relationship
- Business oriented and objective focused
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.