Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
We have an excellent opportunity available for a newly qualified finance professional to make a difference within the Pentland family of brands as we build capability within our commercial finance function, undertake a new strategic vision and evolve our operating model.
You will be reporting into the Finance Transition Director to support brand planning and decision making within the North American region. Get ready for a lot of exposure to internal senior stakeholders.
With a core background in analyzing brand profitability in a multi-channel environment, the primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Plan, track and analyze brand contributions brands that are sold into the Americas region.
- Collate management reporting packs with wider finance team to analyze and explain key month end variances
- Identification of opportunities to improve performance and minimize risk
- Support introduction of new regular reporting / processes around Customer Profitability, Overhead Management
- Margin ownership, including purchase price variance analysis.
- Support delivery of a robust annual budgeting and forecasting process aligned to UK parent company, including a monthly rolling forecast.
- Partner within the business to pull together 3-year financial plans in line with the brand strategy and vision.
- Support the development and implementation financial goals metrics and KPIs to continuously improve brand and geographical performance
- Financial modelling and business case development to support decision making, operating model definition and strategic plans
- Work closely with Finance Team to ensure monthly results are accurately closed and reported in accordance with policy.
- Business partnering a multi-branded environment with the ability to translate strategic direction into financial forecast and budgets
- Commercial analysis of feasibility of strategic plans including providing challenge to cost owners and Finance Leadership on new proposals including investment appraisals
- Other Ad-hoc requirements, including but not limited to commercial sales to margin and overhead spend analysis to optimize profit, cash and working capital.
The must haves:
- Ambitious Finance professional with 2-years’ experience
- Must demonstrate well-developed strategic, analytical, interpersonal, organizational skills
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Naturally demonstrates skills including adaptability and pro-activity
- Comfortable with change as Pentland North American embeds its operating model after acquiring Speedo North America.
- Excited to be part of a fast-paced and evolving business.
- Strong financial modelling skills with an expert grasp of Microsoft Excel and other sales to margin planning applications.
- Ability to turn complex financial information into board ready presentations to support decision making, planning, and investment appraisal in PowerPoint
- SAP or other ERP experience a plus
- Able to focus on the bigger picture yet have strong attention to detail
- Strong leadership, gravitas, and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- Commercially astute
- Goal orientated; task and deadline-focused
- Pragmatic and proactive in approach
- Analytical and Decisive
- Enthusiastic about delivering high quality & professional outputs
- Organized and self-motivated
- Good at networking – have a positive, confident approach when interacting with all levels within the organization
- Must be able to demonstrate energy, drive, commitment, and passion
- Approachable, supportive and a good team contributor