Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
About the role:
Under the direction of the Design Manager, help drive the seasonal colour and material direction across a number of Branded footwear ranges.
In line with the brand DNA and the design direction you will research and help create seasonal colour and material palettes and theme boards that are suitable for target consumers with a global focus that shows understanding of local markets.
- Collaborate with category & designers in materialising new seasonal product and carry overs.
- Communicate design as key stage gate meetings.
- Liaise with Development in UK and Asia to ensure a smooth flow of information.
- Give accurate and clear feedback to the product design team on design work.
What you need to have:
- Graduate in fashion, footwear, textile, product, graphic or industrial design.
- Willingness to learn how to create original footwear silhouettes
- Strong understanding of the sports/lifestyle footwear manufacturing process.
- Strong technical knowledge of textiles and leathers
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Broad knowledge of trends across all categories and genders both from a consumer and market standpoint.
- Previous experience of dealing with Far East suppliers and agents
- Experience of all genders and different areas of footwear.
What we need to see in you:
- Successful candidate should be organised, motivated, and able to demonstrate drive and initiative.
- The candidate should also have strong presentation and communication skills (both on a one to one basis and to a group) with strong brand empathy.
- Able to manage and work to deadlines as well as multi-tasking
- Fashion conscious, trend spotter/setter, directional fashion flare teamed with commercial sense
- Team player with strong International focus.
- Good interpersonal skills, diplomatic and persuasive
- Can-do attitude, working through obstacles.
- Self-sufficient and comfortable working with minimum supervision
- Personal stature that will inspire confidence through creative energy, drive and enthusiasm.
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.