We are looking for a Change Manager to support within the project team responsible for leading and supporting the change initiatives. This is a key role in the team and a change agent for the organisation in owning the approach and delivery of managing change.
The role you’d play:
- Supports the team to understand the impacts of this change, adoption of new ways of working, embedding of new ways of working and monitoring the progress of the embedding
- Leads the development of actionable and targeted change management plan including impact assessment, communication plan, sponsor roadmap, training plan and resistance management plan
- Ensure outcomes and expected benefits are clearly articulated and that agreed work is aligned to the overall programme. Supports the Defining and tracking of KPIs to monitor progress of change across the project
- Engages with senior leaders and stakeholders to support the change
- Provides support and advice to increase understanding of how people experience change and the process of transition
- Leads the consolidation and dissemination of lessons learnt
- Manages key stakeholders through the Change Curve and ensures both alignment and co-creation to vision for change and goals
- Proactively highlights risks, dependencies, resistance across the Programmes and works with the Regional or Global Programme leads and sponsors to mitigate
- Effectively highlights and mitigates change impacts across multiple functions and multiple regions
What you'll bring:
- Proven experience in creating and leading change projects
- Strong business acumen and financial literacy and management
- Be capable of handling multiples change projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
- Able to manage stakeholders at all levels with exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise, communicate and manage expectations with various levels of stakeholders.
- Used to working in partnership with stakeholders to architect solutions that achieve the expected business outcomes.
- A high-level understanding of the industry in which Pentland operates, including the expected business processes, in order to be able to have appropriately detailed conversations with key stakeholders.
- Ability to challenge/influence the business strategy, business case & business requirements.
- A good team player, striking the right balance between ‘direct’ and ‘collaborate’ to agree a way forward.
- Able to work independently, with a confident, assertive and customer focused outlook.
- Results driven, with a desire to “go the extra mile”.
- A continuous improvement mind-set that spans people, processes, technologies and own self.
What you’ll get in return:
Competitive remuneration package
Brand and retail perks
Time out perks
* SMART Working is our approach to hybrid working at Pentland Brands. It’s about working smarter, not harder and ensuring that we come into the office with a clear sense of purpose and a desire to connect and collaborate. We have introduced “core office days” of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and we’re asking everyone to be in our modern offices on those days. As long as you’re working your contracted hours, we don’t mind when you start and finish, but we want you to work when you’re feeling productive and accomplishing the most.
Who we are
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
To find out more go to www.pentlandbrands.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.Apply for this position