Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
To provide the insights and decision support that ensures the brands’ product ranges and NPD are maximised for profitable and category share growth by providing reporting, insight and analysis to facilitate the creation and evolution of commercial range plans. They will work as part of the Category team supporting the delivery of a global product range that delivers against the Brand Plan.
The role you’d play:
- Provides the category teams with clear recommendations based on data from various sources (Brand, Sales & Orderbook, Retail & Strategic Insight) to facilitate a commercial range plan which addresses consumer, category, retailer and market needs.
- Supplies data & insights that supports the creation of seasonal product KPIS (i.e. SCO targets, margin, productivity) that ensures the category product plan delivers optimum efficiency and conversion
- Delivers actionable insights and decision support that maximise the performance of product ranges. Supplies insight and analysis that challenges the category team ensuring every SCO is working hard for the business.
- Provides financially driven sell-in and sell-out data that is used to understand and optimise product lifecycle management.
- Makes recommendations that drive range performance in terms of optimum size, SCO margin productivity improvement and understanding the impact of price point.
- Works with the Category team to establish the product line plan framework by category, including commercially driven options from a colour and material perspective.
- Delivers regular SCO/Style analysis with focus on margin delivery and price architecture.
- Supports the category teams with product forecasting, driving accuracy through insights and historic analysis that allows for greater business planning and forward thinking.
- Works with the commercial team to establish sell in/sell out analysis reports that can be used to inform future range plans.
- Continually develops reporting tools & processes (e.g. productivity analysis) to support decision making.
- Provides financial / analytical support to the Category team as part of the NPD process, collating data to build and support business cases.
The must haves:
- Strong data analysis techniques and ability to interrogate and maximise our available reporting systems and software (notably very strong MS Excel skills).
- Proven, strong analytical skills, ability to interpret large quantities of data and advanced spreadsheet capability backed up by excellent commercial acumen
- Strong presentation skills; an ability to turn data into actionable insights (reports and presentation) that are relevant and practical for the given audience.
- High attention to detail with exceptional levels of numeracy and accuracy.
- Proven experience of successful collaboration across multiple functions within the business
- Prior Planning/Merchandising/Product finance experience preferable.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.