Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The Category Assistant will own the product approvals for our key licensees for the Kangaroos and Ellesse brands. You will also pro-actively provide research to support new commercial product opportunities for the Kickers brand.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Line plan Maintenance
- Attend Seasonal Line reviews to support the Product Manager.
- Facilitate the set up and updates to the Seasonal Line Plan and Visual Line plan across all categories ensuring all critical path dates are met.
Working Showrooms / Sample Management
- Assist the Category team with maintenance of working showrooms ensuring the correct samples are displayed and showroom storage is managed.
- Ensure all samples are requested, received, distributed and organised accordingly.
- In conjunction with the Product Manager, provide research and reports on competitor brands, price point setting, consumer footwear trends and innovation utilizing our subscription to WGSN, globally relevant online retail channels and local retail execution.
- Where needed source visuals and supporting data for the new creation briefs seasonally.
Catalogue Content / Marketing Assets
- Review seasonal catalogue visuals and data for accuracy and advise of any changes.
The role you’d play:
- A team player with an enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude and approach.
- A confident communicator who is both professional and articulate.
- Well organised and able to work to tight deadlines in a time pressured environment.
- Passionate and takes the initiative.
- Multi-tasking abilities and good organisational skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to manage expectations.
The must haves:
- Some experience in an office environment.
- Moderate Office Suite skills, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic numeracy skills (% / analysis).
- A love of brands and an interest in fashion and footwear is a must.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon