Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
- Engage and build relationships with key business stakeholders & Exec members within APAC and becoming a trusted ally who can help take the business forward to meet its goals.
- Provide thought leadership to global business-IT strategy for the APAC. This includes partnering with the business using internal & external commercial knowledge and insight to define business solutions & innovation opportunities for Pentland Brands across the market and also ensuring that the overall IT and business process landscape for APAC
- Own architecture for your function and contribute to the creation of the IT transformation roadmap which aligns to the business transformation roadmap.
- Support the Business Solutions Management team with engaging and building relationships with key business stakeholders and strategic vendors and becoming a trusted ally who can help take the business forward to meet its goals.
- Build relationships and support the IT Solution Delivery and Service Delivery teams.
- Validate all change initiatives required by your function to ensure alignment to both IT transformation roadmap and commercial goals of the organisation.
- Ensure a formal handover to the IT Solution Delivery and Service Delivery teams during the project lifecycle.
- To be an advocate of Pentland IT’s ways of working, helping define them and ensuring that they are used by all relevant parties.
Commercial business engagement
- To help the IT team to be seen as a trusted ally by APAC team
- Having a broad and deep (enough) understanding of key business processes and commercial ways of working within APAC market to be able to work with key business stakeholders and IT team members.
- Being personally engaged with key (most likely senior) stakeholders within the APAC market for whom IT provides solutions.
- Supporting members of the business solutions team in creating their own relationships with key business stakeholders within APAC
- Building and maintaining own knowledge of the ‘outside of Pentland world’, to understand what other organisations within, and outside, our industry is doing and how that could be applied to existing or as yet unseen (by the business) value creating opportunities.
- Provide solutions, options and recommendations to solve business problems or meet business goals, with appropriate commercial considerations.
- Ensure considerations of cross-function impacts from an IT and functional perspective.
- Deliver proof of concepts to prove the viability of solutions with minimal business change disruption.
- Ensure appropriate solution vendors are selected to support the business solutions for your function and strategic relationships are subsequently managed.
- Have a strong awareness of industry best practice and advocate the adoption of these standards where appropriate.
- Perform evaluation and recommendation for any project scope or BAU changes.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining an excellent level of documentation, relating to our processes and solutions.
- Investigate emerging technologies and articulating their relevance to Pentland, architect data driven and consumer grade business solutions.
Delivering the basics
- Ensure that all basic IT disciplines are well defined and then delivered by the IT team.
What you need to have:
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders with exceptional communication and presentation skills with a proven track record in dealing with various levels of stakeholders to shape business initiatives from initial concept stage through to delivery
- Ability to bring industry knowledge to bear on processes and solutions as a subject matter expert in your field, with experience in architecting solutions that deliver business value. A good understanding of what is happening ‘in the broader world’ re: technology, and what organisations are doing from a ‘trend’ perspective (and why).
- A high-level understanding of the industry in which Pentland operates, including the expected business processes, in order to be able to have appropriately detailed conversations with key stakeholders.
- Ability to delivers quality work in line with deadlines and has experience working in large, project-based environments
What we need to see in you:
- Ability to challenge/influence the business strategy, business case & business requirements
- A continuous improvement mind-set that spans people, processes, technologies and own self.
- A good team player, striking the right balance between ‘direct’ and ‘collaborate’ to agree a way forward.
- Used to working in partnership with stakeholders to architect solutions that achieve the expected business outcomes.
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise, communicate and manage expectations with various levels of stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to conceptualise and think outside the box
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and flexible to accommodate multiple changes in priority with experience in an environment that fluctuates, and has demonstrated the ability to adapt to changing situations
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.