Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
To deliver Market / Key Account business plans (sales, profit, distribution) through implementation of partner business plans & Key Account strategies that contribute to the overall Customer Function Vision “Drive the growth of our brands globally through the execution of market, customer & shopper led opportunities, operating as One Pentland and using commercial capability as a competitive advantage”. This role covers Pentland’s Active (sport) brands, the biggest of which is Speedo.
- Develop and execute partner/market business plans and budgets to deliver our brand propositions and therefore market growth.
- Continuously improve our go to market model strategies and plans to ensure we are executing our propositions better through partners and in the leading retailers in the region.
- Execute our Fix, Build, Inspire & Hybrid Key Account Strategies to ensure effective business building plans are in place with partners and for agreed Key Account targets in the region.
- Develop and execute country marketing/trade marketing plans in keeping with Pentland Brand strategies
- Leverage the Pentland matrix organisation to align resources to key opportunities - be an ambassador of ‘Stronger Together behaviour’
- Regularly review market/partner/key account performance and develop & execute corrective actions where necessary
- Set challenging POP performance standards. Champion execution effectiveness through FBI with consistent evaluation and applying cross category learnings. Ensuring there are steps & processes in place to maximize performance.
- Manage sell in, sell out, stock turn, payment, and order book management including managing overdue orderbook and delivering assigned KPIs.
- Manage customer marketing budget to invest behind long term business drivers and ensure maximum ROI.
- Work with regional marketing / go-to-market team to provide partners and key accounts with information, materials, support and advice including regular market visits, feedback, and review meetings.
- Provide regular situational analysis and insight to the Business Development Director / Commercial Director Asia and Global Brand Directors and teams
- Local mkt activity, intelligence, sell in & sell out data
- Distributor / Licensee / Retailer Performance
- Sales, Marketing, Retail, and Retail Marketing activity
- Financial comparisons to budgets, contractual minimums, YOY performance etc
- Work closely with Supply Chain and Customer Operations to ensure efficient service to mkts/partners
What you need to have:
- 5 years experience successfully managing partners / retailers across geographies and in different cultures. Can consider candidates with regional marketing, product, digital or retail experience looking to stretch into a wider commercial and sales role.
- Experience in and potential to manage complex partner relationships and effect change in partner’s performance, growth rate and alignment to strategy.
- Experience in the footwear, apparel & sport industries would be beneficial.
- Leadership potential.
- Proven energy and tenacity to deliver results.
- Good analytical skills, able to use diverse data streams to get to root cause & develop alternative/corrective actions. Financial understanding (margins, discounts, debtors, royalties etc)
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, able to work across retailers, distributors & licensees as well as internal stakeholder.
- Good negotiation skills training, comfortable negotiating at multiple levels.
- Strong planning & organising skills, able to multi task.
- Strong presentation skills and a persuasive style.
- Proficiency in PC skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- One of the two roles require fluency in written and spoken Japanese. Both roles require English, Cantonese, Mandarin and other Asian languages would be advantageous.
What we need to see in you:
- An emerging sales and commercial talent seeking career growth.
- Passionate and confident, with the ambition to achieve great things at a high standard of behaviours and execution.
- Willing to dig in, work hard, be persistent, learn fast and learn lots.
- A team player able to motivate others through persuasion, relationship building and influence.
- An influencer, comfortable working in the matrix environment.
- Diplomatic and culturally aware.
- Flexible to travel extensively in the defined markets.
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.