Reporting to the Head of Sales Outdoor & Cycle, the Business Development Manager will play a lead role in creating and executing go-to-market strategies across our Berghaus and Endura brands within several countries in the EMEA region.
This is an exciting role with a very broad remit covering all business planning and key account strategies across our distributors, sales agents, and key accounts base. Preferred location for this role is the UK, or Italy can be an option.
Endura was founded in Scotland in 1993 with a no-nonsense commitment to advancing the performance and function of cycle apparel for all.
As a maverick brand, it immediately launched a host of novel and challenging products that have gone on to earn iconic status globally and, in many cases, reset the benchmark of function and durability for the industry.
This philosophy and disruptive innovation have carried the brand from Scottish local hero to global market leader.
At Berghaus we believe the best of life is lived outdoors. And that absolutely nothing should stop you being there. Rain, icy winds, sunshine… it really doesn’t matter. This is the feeling behind Berghaus. We know great kit is the difference between enjoying the outdoors and truly loving it. Providing full protection from the elements, our iconic Extrem range is built to maximise your moments spent at high altitude.
We’ve racked up more than 50 years’ experience creating outdoor gear that’s beautifully designed and built to last.
The role you’d play:
- Responsible for the delivery of annual sales and profit target across defined territories within EMEA.
- Key territories include Italy, Nordics, Benelux and some eastern markets
- Lead, manage and coach sales teams and agents/distributors network in region.
- Take ownership of sales process from beginning to end to ensure seasonal stories land in region and seasonal pre-orders are received in timely manner.
- Develop a broad-based knowledge of all market and categories within remit, ensuring a complete understanding of all local factors and trends that may affect the distribution of product
- Frequent trips to visit markets, local teams and key customers.
- Manage regional marketing budgets across both brands.
- Research markets, partners, retailers, competitors to build new/ develop existing business opportunities.
- Working closely with marketing, supply and customer operations to improve service levels.
- Use experience and data to strengthen forecasts, planning, and product feedback to drive continuous improvement
- Recommend new ways and/or additional opportunities that will nourish our future growth in EMEA
- Be an active positive team player in the wider EMEA Outdoor and Cycle team
What you’d bring / be:
- Demonstrable experience sales/business development in sports or related industry, Outdoor and/or Cycle working experience is a plus.
- Proven track record in managing and coaching remote sales teams
- A good knowledge of retail, both in-store and online, experience in managing (inter)national omnichannel accounts is a plus
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present & communicate at all levels
- Proven ability to build relationships, sell, influence, and negotiate
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical ability, and a track record in strategic planning
- Good working knowledge of IT systems
- Advanced excel & spreadsheet analysis skills, PowerPoint
- Ability to work well independently and with a team with the right balance between autonomy and teamwork
- Proactive in identifying the root cause of problems and developing solutions
- Ideally active in some sport/ outdoor activities
- Fluent in English, Italian is a plus
If this sounds like the perfect role, please get in touch with Nathalie.email@example.com
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Endura, Berghaus, Speedo, Canterbury of New Zealand, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers in the UK and we also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, or Facebook.Apply for this position