Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
As a Business Applications Analyst you will:
Work closely with all of Pentland Brands globally to deliver the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of the finance applications and integration solutions. This position is responsible for being a custodian of best practices, customer coordination, stakeholder management, requirements gathering, testing and support of all finance applications that directly and indirectly impact the business. This is a multi-faceted role that has many opportunities to explore new applications whilst growing the core competency within the below-mentioned areas,
- Design, configuration, implementation, and support of SAP/Non-SAP medium size solutions.
- Take ownership of all phases of the project life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and post-production support/maintenance.
- Assist in the development and enforcement of business processes to provide best practices to deliver stable, reliable solutions.
- Providing analysis of the applications and business process problems and recommending application solutions,
- Participating in gap analysis / blueprinting activities, and assisting in defining technical solutions to functional requirements,
- Applying configuration changes to the application and coordinating testing efforts by all parties,
- Ensuring a high-quality business system through coordinated, robust and global testing, and documentation,
- Designing detailed business and, wherever possible, technical specifications for programming and other resources, both in-house and 3rd party,
- Assisting in the investigation, scheduling, and delivery of application training for the end-user community,
- Specialist training and knowledge transfer to, and between, key users throughout the business,
- Describing, documenting and maintaining business processes in the application,
- Keeping track of all functional tasks and changes to the application and business processes,
- Day-to-day support and troubleshooting of finance applications.
- Coordinate project tasks and ensure accurate estimates are provided for completion of business solutions.
- Develop, implement and enforce day-to-day support policies and procedures.
- Communicate status of projects and initiatives to management.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/reporting solutions for multiple business areas.
What you need to have:
- Finance experience
- SAP FICO experience
- Experience in designing detailed business and technical specifications for programming and other resources, both in-house and 3rd party
- Advanced business process knowledge across many areas with the ability to provide context to requirements.
- Strong analytical skill and Ability to work directly with business analysts to translate the complex functional design into technical specifications. Able to grasp requirements quickly and anticipate potential future requirements.
- Experience in managing various stakeholders including Third-Parties, Implementation Partners and Business stakeholders
- A detailed understanding of the finance business processes,
- Day-to-day support and troubleshooting of SAP Finance knowledge
- Fair understanding of the business drivers for which their application is providing support
- Detailed financial application knowledge of configuration, settings and functional use,
- Basic understanding of project management/leading skills
- Ability to deliver financial application training for internal business customers
- Ability to be able to train others
- Ability to assess and correct application problems
- Ability to recognise and manage global implications of changes
- A sound understanding of customer service
- SAP AFS experience is an added advantage
What we need to see in you:
- Passionate about global brands
- A Subject matter expert in the design, build, test and support of a financial application
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to conduct formal and informal presentations and workshops with the ability to communicate across all levels of the business and and interpret technical problems/solutions to non-technical users
- A good team contributor, working with the other Team Members to deliver the project
- Flexible in terms of Pentland location, depending on current activities, overnight stays will be required as well as travel to other Pentland locations
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.