- Pentland Brands
- Permanent Full-Time
- Sales and Business Development
- UK-London, Finchley (Global Headquarters)
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
To deliver Region / Market business plans (sales, profit, distribution) through implementation of consistent Go to Market strategies thus contributing to the overall Customer Function Vision “Creating value for Pentland and our partners/retailers by delighting the shopper with our brands at POP”
- Develop and execute partner/market business plans and budgets to deliver business growth (includes key accounts where appropriate)
- Continuously improve our go to market model strategies and plans to ensure we are executing our propositions better through partners and in the leading retailers in the region.
- Execute our FBI & Hybrid Key Account Strategies to ensure effective business building plans are in place with partners and for agreed Key Account targets in the region.
- In association with regional teams, develop and execute country marketing/trade marketing plans in keeping with Pentland Brand strategies
- Leverage the Pentland matrix organisation to align resources to key opportunities - be an ambassador of ‘Stronger Together behaviour’
- Monitor and report in market performance - regularly review market performance and develop & execute corrective actions where necessary
- Act as principle point of contact for Divisional Brand Teams
- Set challenging POP performance standards. Champion execution effectiveness through FBI with consistent evaluation and applying cross category learnings. Ensuring there are steps & processes in place to maximize performance.
- Manage sell in, sell out, stock turn, payment, and order book management including managing overdue orderbook and delivering assigned KPIs
- Manage customer marketing budget to invest behind long term business drivers and ensure maximum ROI
- Service partners and key accounts with the information, materials, support and advice including regular market visits, feedback, and review meetings
- Provide regular situational analysis and insight to the Brand Teams/Sales & Planning
- Local mkt activity, intelligence, sell in & sell out data
- Distributor / Licensee / Retailer Performance
- Sales, Marketing, Retail, and Retail Marketing activity
- Financial comparisons to budgets, contractual minimums, YOY performance etc
- Work closely with Supply Chain Customer Services to ensure efficient service to mkts/partners
- Regular reviews with the legal department on implementation of contracts, trademark issues etc – ensure compliance to contract by all 3rd parties.
- Where applicable, lead and manage Business Development Exec/Asst.
Needs to have:
- Strong commercial manager with experience of successfully managing partners / retailers across geographies and in different cultures
- An execution agent, with the proven energy and tenacity to deliver results.
- Strong analytical skills, able to use diverse data streams to get to root cause & develop alternative/corrective actions.
- Financial understanding (margins, discounts, debtors, royalties etc)
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, able to work across retailers, distributors & licencees.
- Solid Negotiation skills training, comfortable negotiating at multiple levels
- Strong planning & organising skills, able to multi task
- Strong presentation skills and a persuasive style
- Proficiency in PC skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Understanding of Selling & Influencing methodologies
Needs to be:
- A self-starter, comfortable working on own initiative
- An Ambassador for Pentland externally and One Pentland thinking internally
- A Role model of Pentland Values across the team
- An exceptional relationship builder with both internal and external stakeholders
- A team player able to motivate others through persuasion not authority
- An influencer, comfortable working in the matrix environment
- Diplomatic and culturally aware
- Flexible to travel extensively in the defined markets
- Analytical with a passion for challenging the status quo
- Be passionate about Pentland brands, products and talent, driving collaboration across sites, brands and regions in a One Pentland way