Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Roles & responsibilities
- Study and understand sourcing tactics/need of the business.
- Industry and market intelligence reports especially on apparel manufacturing sector.
- Scout and propose suitable suppliers from South East Asia region and beyond, for multiple brands and product categories.
- Assess and propose suitable suppliers from other continents, onshoring and nearshoring.
- Potential supplier assessment, including but not limited to initial costing and technicality capability studies.
- Sourcing parameter negotiation.
- Support sourcing strategy formulation.
- Support vendor commercial management.
- Ad hoc activities assigned by manager.
What you need to have:
- Degree holder.
- Analytical thinker.
- Sound knowledge in sourcing strategy interpretation, business case build and implementation, commercial sense in active / apparel industry.
- Deep and broad knowledge in sourcing (multiple tiers) for areas in Asia and beyond.
- Grasp of supply chain and sourcing market intelligence in global scale, especially tariff/duty landscape across different Asian countries with major importing countries in the world.
- Work experience in global scale company, preferable brand management related, with strong cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Work experience in matrix organization environment, able to work with internal cross functional teams and external vendors.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing business model and operation is a bonus to have.
- Proficiency in English.
What we need to see in you:
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.