Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Creating Berghaus products can take time and patience. We are fastidious in our design process and painstakingly rigorous in the lengths we go to, to ensure our products meet the standards we demand from our Brand, and the trust levels that our customers have come to expect from us. We also know that to be successful in a fast-paced market and with ever-evolving consumer expectations we have to also be faster to market
Your role is key to support both the mainline and “Sprint Teams” in the timely delivery of the mainline seasonal ranges and our fast response projects and initiatives
Supporting the mainline team in delivering product ranges in-line with the seasonal critical path, from concept through to bulk production, aligned with brand strategy and within agreed timescales and commercial guidelines
You will also support the “Sprint Team” to get new products to market faster, operating with an “out of the box” thinking and finding innovative ways to work directly with our key stakeholders to deliver commercial opportunities, without sacrificing quality, performance and CSR standards
You will be required to work across multiple categories and on projects ranging from mainline to Collabs, capsule collections, new ranges and new concepts, coupled with tweaks to existing core product ranges (Special Make-Up = SMUs’) to ensure we are making products that will succeed in the various markets we operate in
Working closely with Head of Category, Product Managers and our Commercial Teams, this role will support in the executing and delivery of all our product ranges to deliver against our brand commercial targets, strategic priorities and brand positioning
The role you’d play:
- Working with our Category and Product Managers and Commercial teams support the team to deliver product opportunities that drive brand growth and/or perception with key retailers and in key markets
- Own and coordinate clear range plans for each category, range or opportunity, which are a key reference tool for all areas of the business and adhering to all deadlines
- Working across multiple categories, ensure all data and information is managed, up to date and clear in all files and within our PLM data management system, on time and in full
- Manage and analyse seasonal plans including; range architecture, SCO count & productivity, product mix, pricing strategy, product segmentation and product lifecycle
- Analyse sales data to support product opportunities relevant for target markets or retailers, aligned to brand objectives
- Build market and consumer reports & deliver market benchmarking analysis
- Support creation of marketing materials and range training for any relevant functions and stakeholders
- Consolidate product information (e.g. features & benefits, range architecture) and support Brand, Shopper Marketing and Shopper Design & Merchandising teams with creation of supporting material
- Support team in meeting critical path deadlines with an awareness of how decisions can impact timings
- Supporting Product Managers with key stakeholders in process improvement opportunities to enable a fast response approach
- Ongoing administration and coordination activity to support product team
- Searching and taking-on opportunities to learn and develop further skills and business knowledge
- Where specified by the Head of Category, take ownership of the creation and development of contained product capsules
- Pro-actively contribute to the cross-functional team in day-to-day processes, meetings, review etc
- Operate effectively in a matrix structure, working closely with key functional teams across Commercial, Sales and Planning, Category Management, Innovation, Design, Development, Sourcing, Finance, Legal, Brand, Insights, Shopper Design & Merchandising, Shopper Marketing
The must haves:
- Experience within a product-based environment, or of supporting a product development team
- Experience of working as part of a team within an operational or commercial role
- Ability to self-manage schedule and workload within a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Ability to monitor and report progress on small projects
- Capability to quickly assess and process information to make decisions
- Ability to communicate credibly and work with key external partners (retailers, suppliers, external agencies, collaborations) as required to support consumer categories
- Collaborates effectively to develop trustful relationships with peers across the business
- Confident communication skills with the ability to present ideas
- Strong analytical & reporting skills and ability to identify patterns and trends
- Ability to influencing and communicate at all levels of the business
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Showing initiative, being responsive to change and thinking creatively
- Lateral thinker and with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Curious; always looking for ways to use initiative and learn
- Responsive to change and solving problems quickly
- Passionate about product and able to understand consumer and category needs
- Able to work and communicate cross-functionally at a variety of levels across the business
- A good listener and communicator with an ability and aptitude to be consumer and customer facing
- Driven by delivery; self-motivated with a resilience to drive initiatives from beginning to end
- Strongly analytical, solution driven and result oriented; able to consider both the bigger picture and scrutinise detail when necessary
This job description should be used as a guide; you may be asked to carry out other relevant duties in support of the overall role purpose.