Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
Supports in delivering our ranges and product lines in-line with the critical path. You will assist the product team in the delivery of the seasonal product ranges, from concept through to bulk production, in-line with brand strategy and within agreed timescales and commercial guidelines.
- Process and manage range data across required tools and systems.
- Consolidate product information (e.g. features & benefits, range architecture) and support marketing teams with creation of supporting material.
- Support team in meeting critical path with an awareness of how decisions can impact timings;
- Ongoing administration and coordination activity to support product team
- Searching and taking-on opportunities to learn and develop functional skills.
- Build market and consumer reports & deliver market benchmarking analysis.
- Where specified by line manager, take ownership of the creation and development of contained product capsules.
- Support in delivering product materials for trade and sales launches.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, and supporting implementation.
- Pro-actively contribute to the cross-functional team in day-to-day processes, meetings, review etc.
Needs to have:
- Experience within a product-based environment, or of supporting a product development team.
- Experience of working as part of a team within an operational or commercial role.
- Ability to self-manage schedule and workload within a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to monitor and report progress on small projects.
- Capability to quickly assess and process information to make decisions.
- Ability to communicate credibly and work with key external partners (suppliers, external agencies, collaborations) as required to support consumer categories.
- Collaborates effectively to develop trustful relationships with peers across the business;
- Confident communications skills with the ability to present ideas.
Needs to be:
- Showing initiative, being responsive to change and thinking creatively.
- Passionate about product and able to understand consumer and category needs.
- Able to work and communicate cross-functionally at a variety of levels across the business.
- A good listener and communicator with an understanding of cultural nuances.
- Energetic, self-motivated and driven to exceed expectations.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently or within the team.
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.