Job title: Assistant Product Manager - Global - Speedo
Supports the Product Team in the delivery of the global seasonal product ranges, from concept through to bulk production, in-line with brand strategy and within agreed timescales and commercial guidelines.
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
Product Range Plans
- Build market data and consumer reports & deliver market benchmarking analysis for softgoods
- Ensure sales data for each buy is fed back into VR
- Produce year end top & bottom 10’s
- Competitor benchmarking analysis
- Process and manage range data across required tools and systems.
- Responsible for SAP MDM colour and style code creation and entry into trackers for softgoods and hardgoods
- Responsible for stage-gate tracker updates for softgoods with PM support at pinch points
- Responsible for CAD tracker updates for softgoods
- Ad-hoc tracker updates as required
- Support product team in meeting critical path with an awareness of how decisions can impact timings.
- Responsible for set up of seasonal stage gates in team calendars
- Support softgoods team in critical path meetings
- Where specified by line manager, take ownership of the creation and development of contained product capsules.
- Own the swing tickets timeline and process and manage co-ordination between product & brand management and vendor liaison
- Ongoing administration and coordination activity to support both softgoods & hardgoods as lead for the following projects
- Visual Retailing – Lead contact for the development of system to aid seasonal range planning and analysis
- PIM/PAM/DAM – product management and coordination between PCA and brand management
- PLM – New systems integration
- Identify process improvement opportunities and support implementation in softgoods and hardgoods
- Consolidate product information (e.g. features & benefits, range architecture) and support marketing teams with creation of supporting material.
- Responsible for transfer of foundation & refresh descriptions in seasonal catalogues for softgoods and hardgoods
- Support in delivering product materials for trade and sales launches for softgoods and hardgoods
- Sample management for seasonal and e-comms shoot / attend photoshoot
- Lead organization of product stock room and display room with support from PM’s
- Presenting product ranges as required
- Coordination of Product Master Data information to be provided to commercial teams
- Coordination and support delivery of product training to internal/external teams
- Pro-actively contribute to the cross-functional team in day-to-day processes, meetings, reviews and manage the product queries inbox box
- Searching and taking-on opportunities to learn and develop functional skills.
- Raise all PO’s for sign off with the appropriate manager
- Operate effectively in a matrix structure, working closely with key functional stakeholders: Merchandisers, Technical Managers, Supply Planners, Product Developers, Materials Technologist, Designers
The must haves:
- Experience within a product-based environment, or of supporting a product development team.
- Experience of working as part of a team within an operational or commercial role.
- Ability to self-manage schedule and workload within a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to monitor and report progress on small projects.
- Capability to quickly assess and process information to make decisions.
- Ability to communicate credibly and work with key external partners (suppliers, external agencies, collaborations) as required to support consumer categories.
- Collaborates effectively to develop trustful relationships with peers across the business;
- Confident communications skills with the ability to present ideas.
- Showing initiative, being responsive to change and thinking creatively.
- Passionate about product and able to understand consumer and category needs.
- Able to work and communicate cross-functionally at a variety of levels across the business.
- A good listener and communicator with an understanding of cultural nuances.
- Energetic, self-motivated and driven to exceed expectations.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently or within the team.
- Travel within the UK as required
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.