Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purposes of the Job:
- Support the build of global sourcing strategy for the Active brands in Pentland portfolio.
- Implementation of the assigned strategy and leading the participating in certain workstream as enabler and drivers to the strategy.
Needs to Do:
- Understand and interpret the overall active/apparel industry market intelligence, including supply chain and sourcing trends, imperatives, forward-thinking initiatives and all these implications, so to contribute the sourcing strategy build.
- Understand the sourcing selection process and drive the sourcing process, engage potential suppliers to build up the corresponding and viable business case recommendation for sourcing opportunities.
- Lead and participate in workstreams to develop and implement specific objectives according to sourcing strategy, such as strategic costing management and negotiation, vendor commercial management and intervention.
- Assisting management team for supply management decision making, including procurement and scheduling, according to changing business landscape and risk assessment.
- Lead a team for our brand Canterbury, Mitre and Endura.
- Responsible for construct Canterbury sourcing future state and reinforce vendor management, including business and capacity planning, process improvement and MTO management etc.
- Responsible for Endura soft goods and hardgoods sourcing planning, vendor management and merchandising order management.
- Establish strong relationships with cross functional peers, globally, to maintain open and frequent communication of current business activities, and a collective, aligned approach to continuous improvement.
- Build collaborative culture between the UK and Asia teams, aligned with Pentland’s culture and values.
What you need to have:
- Degree holder, proficiency in English
- Sound knowledge in sourcing strategy interpretation, business case build and its implementation in active / apparel industry.
- Diversified knowledge in sourcing (multiple tiers) for areas in Asia and beyond.
- Solid knowledge of supply chain and sourcing market intelligence in global scale.
- Experience of working in multi-functional and multi-geographical environment, preferable brand management related.
- Experience of working in matrix organization environment and be able to work with internal X functional teams and external vendors.
- Thorough understanding of typical merchandising and operations.
Team player, passionate about building high performance team
What we need to see in you:
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.