Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
You will be a member of a team which ensures the accurate production of management accounts for Pentland Brands. You will also be responsible for specific areas of the balance sheet, ensuring reconciliations are up to date, risks identified, and strong controls are in place.
The role you’d play:
You’ll play a key part within our team – including:
- Delivery of specific month end tasks across Pentland, creating efficiencies through standardised approach
- Assist in P&L review for brands/functions, ensuring that numbers are accurate and variances to budget or forecast understood.
- Assist with submission of month end numbers into Hyperion, ensuring all validations cleared and numbers reconciled to SAP.
- Input into the Financial reporting packs, providing commentary and insight for P&L areas.
- Produce other management accounting reporting in line with stakeholder requirements, providing commentary on actuals.
- Preparation of detailed balance sheet account reconciliations highlighting risks and opportunities and resolution of any issues.
- Assist in year end accounting process including audits files and liaison and discussions with external auditors.
- Support the teams agenda of continuous improvement, seeking to improve quality and speed of month end processes.
- Cost centre reporting and review across Pentland, ensuring queries dealt with in a timely manner.
- Ensure all accounting processes are documented, with full context and understanding of tasks completed.
The must haves:
- Studying towards or desire to study towards a professional accountancy qualification.
- Strong excel skills.
- Experience of working in a management accounting team.
- Continuous improvement mind-set, actively challenging existing processes and implementing new ways of working.
- An understanding of our industry, our brands and the mission of the business.
- A positive confident approach to getting things done within a very demanding environment.
- Passion for customer service.
- Good communicator.
- Flexible in approach and ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Focused on performance.
- Have ability to work under pressure, prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.