Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Working within the Brand Management team assisting with the implementation of brand plans and marketing activity, ensuring effective delivery of activity to help achieve short and long-term sales, profit and brand KPI targets.
The role you’d play:
- Working collaboratively with the Insight function build strong knowledge of consumer, category and market for a specific area of responsibility, supporting Brand Manager
- Supporting the Senior / Brand Manager on the development and execution of marketing activity
- Support the Senior/ Brand Manager in executing elements of the Brand Plan via collaborative cross functional working with teams (both internal and external). Examples could include:
- Ensuring consumer propositions are tested against defined KPI’s prior to launch;
- Supporting preparation of business cases
- Briefing product requirements to meet identified consumer needs;
- Working with Customer team to identify distribution, availability opportunities in key markets;
- Supporting the delivery of an innovation pipeline with Innovation & Insights teams
- Development and co-ordination of marketing activity execution in key markets.
- Lead specific projects or initiatives through strong project management to deliver against assumptions and timings set out in the business case.
- Support the delivery of elements of brand development projects, including – brand strategy and plan; brand positioning and guidelines; communications and media planning.
- Management and control of dedicated budget including identification of projects to drive efficiency.
- Support international partners through effective communication of campaign activation plans, guidelines, best practices across key markets.
- Ensuring that marketing assets are effectively stored (and destroyed when required) and distributed to other teams (internal and external) that require them.
- Support Customer team in the planning and execution of launches/conferences.
- Lead on producing seasonal materials such as catalogues/ trade assets/ photoshoots/ guidelines
- Regular reporting of brand performance and recommendations/ learnings back to business
The must haves:
- Previous experience in a branded business or marketing agency.
- A passion for consumers, marketing and a good grasp of holistic brand management/building.
- Evidence of delivering brand growth activity across elements of the marketing mix (pricing, product, innovation, distribution, communication).
- Exposure of working on consumer communications and advertising development
- Good communication skills with an ability to present confidently in a concise manor across all formats.
- Ability to utilise data & insights to diagnose and recommend clear business actions.
- Project management skills – delivering multiple projects across multiple timelines
- Commercial acumen – good understanding of the impact of multi-lever brand activity on commercial performance
You will also need to be:
- Action Focussed; able to get things done at pace to a high quality
- Passionate and positive. Wanting to progress with a ‘can do’ approach to work and problem solving.
- Able to proactively search, identify and offer up ideas and solutions
- Adaptable; able to switch onto different initiatives quickly when the need arises
- Organised – ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple projects
- Influencer – ability to inspire confidence, and influence cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.