Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
To create compelling apparel design solutions for the Team Sports consumer
Responsible for delivering consumer led global designs which align to the brand DNA and seasonal creative direction under guidance from the Creative Lead
Collaborate across multiple areas to gain alignment and engagement
· In collaboration with the Brand Creative Lead, responsible for delivering own designs against Brand seasonal creative direction and product briefs, whilst maintaining Brand DNA, VBL and guidelines
· Contribute in the creation of seasonal creative direction, trend overviews, colour and mood boards
· Deliver consumer focused designs aligned with allocated category and/or range direction, and which achieve commercial targets
· Ensure own designs have a coherent and compelling offer to seamlessly merchandise into product categories and range, combining desirable aesthetics with credible performance and technical needs
· Deliver coloured CAD's which are consumer focused, trend led and commercial designs aligned with allocated category merchandising
· Push creative boundaries whilst delivering against commercial opportunities
· Responsible for delivering allocated designs on time against the seasonal C2C deadlines
· Contributes towards cost saving solutions to achieve seasonal margin target whilst retaining creativity
· Contribute, as required, to updating and maintaining Visual Brand Identity aligned to brand positioning and DNA
· Deliver designs in a clear and concise format and present at design reviews, with detailed renderings and technical specifications in the required format in Photoshop and/or Illustrator
· Actively participate in proto reviews ensuring design integrity is maintained through to final sign-off
· Support Innovation Team and Development Team to deliver design and colour specifications on time and at key stage gates in the product creation process
· Actively research the market and trends, looking further than immediate scope of work and produce detailed reports following each research visit
· Maintain communication with superiors at all times throughout the process ensuring your message is clearly understood
· Any other activities commensurate with the level of this role
Needs to have:
· Educated to degree level or similar experience, preferably within Sports, Fashion or Product Design or a related field or area
· Proven Design experience in a sporting / outdoor / lifestyle brand aligned to the Brand or category you’ll be working on
Clear understanding and consideration of pattern making, draping, materials, trims, garment fit/construction and manufacturing processes.
· Consumer focused with a strong technical bias within their given design specialism
· Strong creative and trend skills, with a proven commercial background
· Strong sense of international market trends balanced with the importance of originality through invention
· A passion for team sports and a thorough understanding of this market.
· Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, plus excellent freehand drawing and rendering skills. Knowledge of Excel an advantage
· Proven ability to work within a critical path and meet deadlines, managing time efficiently to achieve completion of a professional standard of work
· Able to manage and work to deadlines as well as multi-tasking
· Very organised, structured and comfortable working with a minimum of supervision towards meeting short-term and long-term objectives
· Collaborates effectively to maintain and develop trustful relationships with peers across the business or multiple functions and within the product team
· Ability to work across multiple functions with experience of working in a matrix structure a benefit
· Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
· Communicates with enthusiasm
· Understands cultural differences
· The ability to travel and spend time away from home
Needs to be:
· Enthusiastic about design, inspiring, creative, forward-thinking and energetic
· Self-motivated and equally comfortable working within a team
· Demonstrate the ability to use own initiative
· A good communicator, both interpersonally and within a group conveying strong brand empathy
· Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and able to multi-task
· Organized and structured with their work load
· Confident in making design decisions and able to challenge upwards and across functions in the appropriate way if needed
· Asks questions and seeks understanding first
· Pushes oneself to exceed expectations
· Is perceived as credible and an expert in the area/category