Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
To create compelling apparel design solutions for the outdoor consumer. Work with the senior design team to execute designs for Berghaus across our core range and regional SMU and exclusives. Answer challenging and complex design briefs with irresistible product solutions, that meet the brand DNA, creative direction, seasonal strategies and commercial design briefs.
The role you’d play:
- Responsible for conceptualizing and delivering market leading outdoor products, meeting creative guidelines and product briefs.
- Research & contribute to the creation of seasonal trend overviews, and material direction.
- Deliver consumer focused designs aligned with allocated category or range direction, whilst still achieving key commercial targets.
- Create detailed tech packs for design development and upload all designs to PLM system in brand format.
- Balance irresistible aesthetics with credible performance and technical needs.
- Responsible for critical path fulfillment across allocated products, ensuring on time delivery.
- Deliver designs in a clear concise and consistent format with detailed cads and technical drawings.
- Attend and present at key meetings, from design reviews to customer sell ins and sales launch as required.
- Work with Head of Design and Senior Design team to create consumer focused, trend led and commercial colour palettes and merchandising stories.
- Attend proto reviews ensuring design integrity is maintained through to final sign-off
- Collaborative working approach with key cross functional departments including Development, Product management, Marketing and Materials teams.
- Manage key customer exclusive ranges and SMU designs alongside core products.
- Support Development team to deliver design and colour specifications on time and at key stage gates in the product creation process.
- Collaborate with development team to manufacture products to the highest standards.
- Take a hands-on approach working closely with the sample room to create mock-ups and prototypes where required to support intent.
- Deliver outputs in a clear, concise and articulate format, with detailed information as required.
- Maintain communication with superiors at all times, ensuring your message is clearly understood.
- Support Head of design and senior design team in any other design activity.
- Any other activities commensurate with the level of this role
The must haves:
- Educated to degree level or robust experience in Design, Sports, Fashion or a related consumer-led field.
- Proven Design and development experience in a sports / outdoor brand aligned to the Brand or category.
- Proven experience of creating market leading technical Outdoor apparel.
- Understanding and consideration of pattern making, materials, trims, garment fit, construction and manufacturing processes.
- Consumer focused with a strong technical bias within their given design specialism.
- Experience of international market trends and subtleties balanced with the importance of originality.
- An active participant of outdoor activities and a thorough understanding of the outdoor market.
- Clear understanding and consideration of construction and manufacturing methods in design solutions.
- Ability and strong understanding of "design to cost" and "design for manufacture".
- Proficient in Adobe suite & Microsoft office plus excellent freehand drawing skills.
- Proven ability to work within a critical path and meet deadlines, managing time efficiently.
- Able to manage and work to multiple seasons deadlines and adept at multi-tasking.
- Organised and comfortable working with minimal supervision on both short and long-term objectives.
- Collaborates effectively to develop trustful relationships with peers across the business, particularly within the product creation team.
- Ability to work across multiple functions with experience of working in a matrix structure a benefit.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong management experience and enthusiastic to support team members, mentoring, coaching and actively sharing knowledge and experience.
- 3D design softwear experience an advantage.
- The ability to travel and spend time away from home.
- Team player who thrives in collaborative creative environments.