Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
To accelerate market share growth for Ellesse in APAC by building and executing the product plan across distributors and licensees in APAC, the role should have strong street fashion sense who need to collaborate with Global Product and Development Teams as well as Global Marketing and APAC Commercial teams to determine the appropriate range assortments based on current and upcoming trends delivery on key performance metrics.
- Champion category-level thinking APAC and leads development of Footwear (FW) and Apparel (APP) category strategy
- Lead the overall product direction for APAC and implementation of annual range plans as well as seasonal, injection and SMU programs
- Prioritizes key categories and defines relevant product strategy for them
- Work with APAC distributors to influence the Annual/Seasonal Global Range plan with data analysis, particularly consumer and customer sell-through.
- Define the role and needs of all distributors’ channels (Concept stores, shop in shop, e-channel…etc) with monthly launch plan in APAC
- Adopt and edits Global/Regional product assortments to tailor them to specific needs in APAC (i.e. Asian fit for APP)
- Build product segmentation strategy by channel & recommends the optimal assortments
- Collaborate with the APAC Category & Insight Analyst to gain and share category insights, in order to identify gaps and potential business opportunities and brief into Global Product team
- Align with the marketing teams to ensure relevance and impact of product communications in APAC region
- Analyze the marketplace, consumer insights, and competitive data to prepare market and channel assessments regarding trends and metrics
- Support trade meetings including input into catalogue content
What you need to have:
- Strong experience of product merchandising in the street fashion industry especially in apparel and footwear fields
- Knows how to form APAC monthly merchandising plan with head-to-toe stories
- Understanding of the distributors and licensee needs and market trend to gather the appropriate insight to boost the existing line plan
- Visual Merchandising skills and experience is desirable
- Strong project management skills - able to multi-task and work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Solid product management experience, preferably in street fashion goods or footwear goods
- Great analytical skills and comfortable working with numbers
- A deep understanding of local market trends, consumer needs and competitor landscape
- Ability to identify patterns and trends and the attitude to prioritize and turn this into action
- Strong street fashion sense
- Strong emotional intelligence to assess, learn quickly and course correct as necessary;
- Strong ability to consider challenges holistically and for problem solving;
- A good understanding of the value chain from sales to cost and margin intake performance
- A good understanding of supply chain and product development in the apparel industry
- A good balance of attention to detail and big picture thinking
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills; communicates with enthusiasm;
- A good communication skills (verbal and written) both in Chinese and English
- Ability to quickly identify patterns and trends within distributors, distributors and competitors;
- Ability to articulate complex issues in a logical and comprehensible manner
What we need to see in you:
- Self-motivated and resilient to drive initiatives from beginning to end
- Solution driven and results oriented
- Commercially aware and driven to exceed expectations
- Flexible and adaptable to work with local and global teams
- Credible and show expertise in their area
- Curious and great at asking questions, seeking to understand first
- Courageous to challenge upwards and across functions
- Quick learner in a constantly evolving category
- A great team player
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.