Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
- You’ll proactively manage flow of invoices through the system, ensuring that suppliers are paid on time.
- You’ll own the relationship with outsourcing partner, ensuring regular communications are in place, KPIs met and issues resolved in a timely manner.
- You’ll manage, develop, motivate and support AP team to drive high performance culture.
- You’ll drive a continuous improvement agenda within team, undertaking weekly analysis of invoice KPIs and actively seeking feedback from the business to identify opportunities for improvement.
- You’ll provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers, ensuring that queries are dealt with promptly.
- You’ll implement weekly business reporting on unauthorised invoices, building excellent relationships with the business to ensure that invoices are approved in a timely manner.
- You’ll maintain and improve automation capability of SAP system, maximising number of invoices sent for approval without AP intervention.
- You’ll ensure business training in place and easily accessible for all AP processes.
- You’ll ensure key communications in place with business and Vendors so that invoices and statements are sent to correct addresses first time.
- You’ll manage all AP tasks - weekly payment runs, supplier statement reconciliations, supplier set ups.
- You’ll be responsible for AP month end tasks, ensuring that accruals are posted in line with month end timetable and reconciliation and audit checks completed.
- You’ll undertake monthly ledger reviews, ensuring excellent housekeeping in place.
- You’ll be responsible for all AP processes ensuring that tight controls are in place with appropriate escalation of issues and Delegation of Authority for invoice approval.
The must haves:
- Experience within an Accounts payable team.
- Excellent Customer Service and communication skills
- Understanding of Accounting platforms such as SAP, Oracle or similar.
- Strong process and continuous improvement mindset.
- Experienced at building and motivating a team.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.