Job title: Accounts Payable Assistant
Location(s), postcode: Nottingham, NG2 1EN
Working as part of the Global Accounts payable team assisting with the smooth running of our processes to manage corporate cards and expenses systems and ensuring we pay our suppliers on time with accurate records are maintained.
The role you’d play:
- Assisting with management of transactions through our systems, ensuring payments are made on time and recorded accurately
- Assisting with administration of Company credit cards, ensuring all administration through Card portals is up to date; dealing with internal customers queries and liaising with external providers to resolve procedural issues that arise
- Ensuring excellent housekeeping in place on Concur expenses system including integration with Corporate Cards and travel management companies
- Working with external partners to manage transaction errors, ensuring issues dealt with promptly
- Providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers, ensuring that queries are dealt with promptly
- Conducting weekly reviews of unsubmitted expenses building excellent relationships with the business to ensure that these are chased and approved in a timely manner
- Supporting all other AP tasks as required - weekly payment runs, supplier statement reconciliations, supplier set ups
- Ensuring AP processes are followed making sure that tight controls are in place and issues escalated
- Supporting the continuous improvement agenda within the team, actively seeking feedback from the business to identify opportunities for improvement
- Undertaking business training on key AP processes
- Performing AP month end close tasks, posting accruals in line with month end timetable and producing reconciliations and reporting
- Supporting all other areas of AP and cash allocation as required
What you’d bring:
- Excellent Customer Service and communication skills
- Solid experience working in accounts payable roles
- Understanding of Accounting platforms such preferably SAP, Oracle or similar
- Strong process and continuous improvement mindset
- Willingness to learn
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive renumeration package
- Hybrid / smart working
- Brand and retail perks
- Financial perks
- Travel perks
- Time out perks
- Wellbeing commitment
Who we are:
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.