Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Working as part to Accounts payable team to ensure processes in place to pay our suppliers on time, providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
The role you’d play:
- You’ll proactively manage flow of invoices through the system, ensuring that suppliers are paid on time.
- You’ll work with Outsource partner to manage invoice rejections ensuring issues dealt with promptly.
- You’ll support the continuous improvement agenda within the team, actively seeking feedback from the business to identify opportunities for improvement.
- You’ll provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers, ensuring that queries are dealt with promptly.
- You’ll conduct weekly reviews of unauthorised invoices, building excellent relationships with the business to ensure that invoices are approved in a timely manner.
- You’ll maintain and improve automation capability of SAP system, maximising number of invoices sent for approval without AP intervention.
- You’ll undertake business training on key AP processes.
- You’ll ensure key communications in place with business and Vendors so that invoices and statements are sent to correct addresses first time.
- You’ll undertake all AP tasks - weekly payment runs, supplier statement reconciliations, supplier set ups.
- You’ll perform AP month end close tasks, posting accruals in line with month end timetable and producing reconciliations and reporting.
- You’ll ensure excellent housekeeping in place on Vendor accounts with monthly ledger reviews.
- You’ll ensure AP processes are followed making sure that tight controls are in place and issues escalated.
The must haves:
- Excellent Customer Service and communication skills
- Understanding of Accounting platforms such as SAP, Oracle or similar.
- Strong process and continuous improvement mindset.