Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Roles & responsibilities
- The role will be part of Shanghai Finance Shared Service Organization
- Collate and analyse financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes, reconcile accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Ensure monthly reconciliation with vendors and arrange the payments
- Employee claims report generation and Concur system approver maintenance
- Monitor and support taxation requirements, including VAT invoice issuance through Golden system
- Prepare for financial audit and coordinate the audit process
- Liaise with and maintain a healthy relationship with tax bureau
- Other Ad-hoc assignments
What you need to have:
- 2 years+ experience in AP experience and knowledge with multinational companies as an accountant
- Good MS office skills (Word & Excel)
- Good command of both oral and written English
- Able to multi-task effectively in a busy work environment and work under pressure & deadline
- Able to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Strong communication skills
- Problem identification and analysis, judgment and problem-solving
- Stress tolerance
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.